Digital Photography and Imaging - Week 3

20.4.2023 (Week 3)
Vanessa Kei Kurniadi / 0360525 / Bachelor or Design in Creative Media
Digital Photography and Imaging
Week 3 - Digital Collage




LECTURES
In week 3, we are going to try out Adobe Photoshop for our digital collage work, so we were taught some basics in Adobe Photoshop: Lasso tool, pen tool, layering.

fig 1.1 A page from the docs




TUTORIALS
We were also taught about blending modes, paths, and masking since we might need it to make our collage task. Mr Fauzi has also attached a video on how to do the collage in case we need it.



PRACTICAL
For this task we also need to create 3 composition and ask for Mr Fauzi decision. But since we're doing it digitally I just saved every composition separately, so when one is approved, I can open it immediately and delete the rest.

It was quite challenging considering how random the objects are and they barely have any connection to each other. While I know it was supposed to be a random collage and playing with the composition it's still taking me a while to finally get some results that I'm satisfied with.

After some experimenting, here's what I made:

Fig 1.1 Composition 1


Fig 1.2 Composition 2


Fig 1.3 Composition 3


Throughout making all of them, I think the tools I used the most would be the clipping mask, mask tool, and lasso too. I also played with some blending options and the opacity, trying to make sure the objects look good together.

Afterwards, I showed them to Mr Fauzi and he asked me which one is my favourite, and I decided Composition 1 is my favourite, cause it seems like a silly movie cover. Mr Fauzi also agrees, so I went with it.

Here's the final result:
fig 1.4 Final Look

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Typography - Task 3: Type Exploration and Application

Video and Sound Production - Exercises & Project 1

Information Design - Exercises