Digital Photography and Imaging - Project 3: E-portfolio and Final Compilation

06/04/2023 - 06/07/2023 / Week 1 - Week 14
Vanessa Kei Kurniadi (0360525)
Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Project 3: E-Portfolio



PROJECT 3: E - PORTFOLIO


E-portfolio is a document that collates all assessments produced in a module and reflects a student’s acquisition of the Module Learning Outcomes and Taylor’s Graduate Capabilities. Each student is to develop an E-Portfolio, a web-based portfolio in the form of a personal academic blog. E-portfolio is categorized under 4 entries:




PROJECT 1: COLLAGE AND PHOTO MANIPULATION

fig 1.1 physical collage

fig 1.2 digital collage

fig 1.3 Hearst Mansion Shazam

fig 1.4 Hearst Mansion Me

fig 1.5 Hearst Mansion PDF

fig 1.6 Grandpa Recoloring Black and White

fig 1.7 Korean Girl Recoloring Black and White

fig 1.8 Lisa Recoloring Black and White

fig 1.9 Recoloring Black nd White PDF



PROJECT 2: DOUBLE EXPOSURE AND PHOTO MANIPULATION

fig 2.1 Double Exposure Exercise

fig 2.2 Double Exposure Me

fig 2.3 Double Exposure PDF


fig 2.3 Photo Manipulation


fig 2.3 Photo Manipulation PDF



FINAL PROJECT: SELF-TITLED


fig 3.4 Composition PDF


REFLECTION

Experience
Doing Digital Photography and Imaging this semester is a really fun experience. Partly because I have some basics in Photoshop, but I'm genuinely enjoying the process of meddling with composition and trying out different effects for each work. Doing After Effects for the first time was kinda hard, but I'm finally getting used to it and I'm really happy with the results.

Observation
I noticed that sometimes even the Macs from the lab will fail me, so for big projects, it would be better to bring my own laptop, even though it's really heavy since I have so much more control over what I can do and it will also increase my progress speed. Though for the final project, it still bugged in my laptop so I have to make sure it works perfectly, and maybe make a backup so I won't have to redo something that took me ages to do.

Findings
I find Photoshop even more amazing than I know it to be. A lot of new features are being added to make editing things and small details even easier, and I'm all for that. After Effects are also a great platform to make animation, but it's so great and brings so many features and things you can do inside it, making it beginner unfriendly. But other than that I had so much fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Typography - Task 3: Type Exploration and Application

Video and Sound Production - Exercises & Project 1

Information Design - Exercises